Priscellie. "Priscilla" doesn't lend itself to easy nicknaming.
Email: priscellie (at) gmail.com
Nov. 23, 1984/Sagittarius (cusp of Scorpio) in conventional Zodiac; Rat in Chinese Zodiac. I like pie and Barnes and Noble gift cards.
Character TD at Launch since 2007. I design, model, texture, and occasionally rig characters.
Claims to Fame:
- My personal essay, "Brand New Day: The Evolution of the Doctor Horrible Fandom," was published in Whedonistas: A Celebration of the Worlds of Joss Whedon by the Women Who Love Them, 2011 by Mad Norwegian Press.
- I run "Books for Boobs," a program that raises money for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer while promoting noteworthy authors. To date, I have earned around $8,000 for the Avon Walk and have conquered two of the marathon-and-a-half Walks.
- I illustrated the map for Jim Butcher's First Lord's Fury, sixth and final novel in the Codex Alera. It hit #7 on the New York Times bestseller list. The map is also included in the paperback reprint of the series, as well as in international editions, including Britain and Germany.
- I also illustrated the map for Saladin Ahmed's upcoming Crescent Moon Kingdoms trilogy.
- I serve as a beta reader/continuity monitor on #1 NYT bestselling author Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files and Codex Alera.
- I'm a visual consultant/continuity editor on The Dresden Files graphic novel, including 2009 Hugo-nominated Welcome to the Jungle and NYT Graphic Books #1 bestselling Storm Front vol. 1., published by Dabel Brothers (2007-2009), Dynamite Entertainment (2009-present).
- I act as forum administrator and content co-maintainer of Jim-Butcher.com.
- I moderated two panels at ConDFW 2009.
- I worked on a TV commercial that was nominated for an Emmy: Coke Finals!
- I have not had caffeine since 7th grade.
BSE in Digital Media Design and Film Studies Minor, University of Pennsylvania, School of Engineering and Applied Science -- May 2007
3D modeling/animation, illustration, photography, cosplay (particularly wig making), championing the Oxford Comma, taking long walks (gotta train for the Avon Walks--a marathon and a half over two days!), immersing myself in various fandoms, watching Lord of the Rings for the umpteenth time, knitting, conquering vast civilizations, taking naps, and baking my infamous peach and ginger pie for those I deem worthy.
Jim Butcher, Pat Rothfuss, Seanan McGuire/Mira Grant, Brandon Sanderson, Lois McMaster Bujold, Scott Lynch, Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, N.K. Jemisin, Nick Harkaway, Douglas Adams, John Hodgman, JK Rowling, Jasper Fforde, and Geoffrey Willans and Ronald Searle.
Dave McKean, Keith Carter, James Fee, and Connie Imboden.
The Incredibles, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Mirrormask, The Fall, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Serenity, Amelie, Life is Beautiful, Edward Scissorhands, and the original Star Wars trilogy.
Vienna Teng, Mighty Kate/Katy Pfaffl, April Smith, Florence + the Machine, Brandi Carlile, Sara Bareilles, Muse, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor, Jenny Owen Youngs, Lenka, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, and The Beatles.
Wicked, Urinetown, Avenue Q, Little Shop of Horrors, Reefer Madness, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Jekyll and Hyde.
Favourite TV shows:
I'm currently watching Doctor Who, Leverage, Castle, White Collar, Rizzoli & Isles, Project Runway, So You Think You Can Dance, Dexter, A Game of Thrones, and The Daily Show. Dead shows I love include Firefly, Pushing Daisies, Wonderfalls, Buffy, Middleman and Veronica Mars.
No one can creepy love you if you don't creepy love yourself. --Nathan Fillion